We’ve partnered with Route! Purchase Route at checkout to protect your order from loss, damage, or theft.
*For pick-up orders, please un-check the Route Package Protection option.*
*Generally, refunds are not issued for purchase of Route Package Protection, whether it be that you forgot to check your order prior to purchase completion or if you changed your mind. Nail Labo reserves the right to determine whether a refund can be issued or not, based on policies. In most instances, if the Route Package Protection is added on for an order that requires shipping, refunds are not offered.*
What is Route?
Route is a platform that allows you to visually track all of your online orders in one place. Whether you’re tracking via the Route App or online Route’s real-time shipping updates keep you in the loop throughout every part of your delivery. There is no longer a need to dig through your email for tracking numbers, as Route makes it easier than ever to follow along with your package’s journey.
The Route Shipping Protection charge is determined based on each order's price; prices may vary.
By selecting Route Protect at checkout, your order will be protected from loss, damage, or theft. In the unfortunate case that your order never arrives or is broken upon arrival, you can easily file a shipping issue with Route and receive a replacement or be reimbursed. We are excited to offer this service to you and we highly recommend you use Route package protection at checkout.
- Shipping issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” can be approved no earlier than 5 days after “delivery date” and no later than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
- Photos required for damaged shipping issues
- Shipping issues for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not "delivered") can be after 7 days (20 days for international) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is my order?
Download Route’s mobile app for iOS or Android to visually track your package and receive real-time notifications on its estimated delivery.
Route Refunds vs Reorders
Refunds: When refunding an item, Route covers the subtotal of the order. Shipping costs, taxes, and the Route premium are not included.
Reorders: Route will reorder the items, but please note that items can only be replaced depending on in-stock availability. All reorders have Route Shipping Protection added, for free!
Route provides package protection on your packages that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
Route is not the merchant–we do not have access to change the details of your order (items, shipping address, etc.) or to cancel the order on your behalf. Please contact the merchant directly in order to request that your order details be changed.
All Route Policies are Listed in the Following:
All issues must be reported within 60 days of the order date.
Ensure you report an issue within the respective deadlines:
- Damaged: Within 15 days of when the package was marked delivered
- Lost (domestic): Between 7* and 30 days from the last tracking update
- Lost (international): Between 20* and 30 days from the last tracking update
- Stolen: Between 5* and 15 days of when the package was marked delivered
*Route requires these wait-to-file periods for stolen and lost orders as packages are sometimes delayed in transit or prematurely marked as delivered.
Packages presumed to be lost
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Route does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, customers will be referred to the retailer.
- The exception is retailers that ship perishable items (e.g. food, a mattress that cannot be reused).
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Route does not cover the order issue. The customer will be referred to the retailer.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Route will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
- If the retailer forgets to ship an item from the customer’s order, the customer needs to reach out to the retailer to have the missing items fulfilled.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
Route does not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to the retailer. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
At our discretion, we may cover the order issue if the returned item is perishable or if the retailer is unable to reuse it.*
- Route covers the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the sender.*
*Please note: Route Package Protection timeframes for filing apply.
Order stuck in customs
Route cannot cover when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If Route replaces something the customer has already paid customs on, under Route’s discretion, Route can approve and pay customs the second time.
Order marked as unfulfilled or unshipped
If the customer’s order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order hasn’t been fulfilled yet by the retailer (retailer could be low on inventory of the items, internal delays with the fulfillment center, etc.).
- Route does not control how quickly the retailer ships the customer’s order. Route Package Protection is not yet in action because the order has not shipped.
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion Route may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Delivered but missing package
At our discretion, Route requires a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Route is a package protection company that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Route, Route is requiring a police report.
- Send Route the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
Upon request, Route can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
**Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered by Route as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
Filing a police report
On orders over $100, Route requires evidence of the police report
Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Route is a package protection company that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. To process the order issue with Route, Route is requiring a police report. Once filed, the customer sends Route the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
- Upon request, Route can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Route considers this as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
- The customer does not need to ship it back to the retailer (unless the retailer indicates otherwise).
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
Route does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, packaging errors, or unsealed items. At our discretion, we may offer a 15-30% refund depending on the severity of the cosmetic damage.
- Route requires further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- For existing subscriptions where your customers have purchased Route Package Protection, if any of your customer's items in the subscription were lost, stolen, or damaged in transit and can be purchased individually, Route will reorder them. If the items cannot be purchased, then Route will refund the items.
- Route cannot reorder and create an entirely new subscription because Route would be paying for the customer's monthly subscription.
- Route cannot reorder customized items for the customer because of the additional liability of ordering the customer’s custom item incorrectly. Route can offer a refund instead.
Out of stock
Route doesn’t have visibility to the retailer’s inventory or when they will have the customer’s item back in stock.
- Route can offer the customer a refund for the item that is out of stock. The customer can always use that refund to order the item when it’s back in stock.
Input wrong address
If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Route does not cover this.
- The customer needs to reach out to the retailer to remedy the incorrect address.
If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Route is not a product replacement plan and the order issue cannot be approved.
- The customer needs to reach out to the retailer. This request may be covered under the retailer’s return policy.
Too late to file
Route can action an order issue that is filed within the bounds of our domestic/international timeline policy. If an order issue is filed outside of this timeline, Route will deny the order issue according to these policies:
- Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises."
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the scheduled delivery date for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Route will not cover it.
Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Route will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
For payment installments (Sezzle, Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
- Once Route refunds the customer for their order, the customer must pay their installments to the payment installment company directly.
No tracking information
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where no tracking number/information is available. In these instances, Route will reach out to the retailer to see if one can be provided.
Package in Pre-Shipment
- Route reserves the right to deny order issues where package tracking is marked as "pre-shipment".
Non-sanctioned shipping address
- Route is based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the US, Route will not cover order issues for items shipped to countries that are not sanctioned by the US. List available here
Closed order issues
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Route will automatically close the order issues. Customers can open the order issues back up by responding to the original thread.
Didn't want Route
- If the item has shipped, Route is already protecting the package and cannot refund the customer.
Checkout requires ID verification
- Route doesn’t upload our employee’s proof of ID to replace the customer’s order.
- If the customer ordered from a store that requires the extra ID verification step, Route can offer the customer a refund instead to protect each party’s identity.
* By making a purchase at naillabostore.com, you acknowledge that you have read the shipping policy and Route policy of naillabostore.com as mentioned in this page and agree to abide by them. Any disputes arising between person(s) and naillabostore.com will be settled by arbitration with a neutral third party in the state of California.*
**Nail Labo reserves the right to alter these terms at our discretion**